I'm really glad as I could use some of my spare time to help this project. Especially because I found a lot of people with redeployment problems, not only on JBAS but in several other projects. Just google it and you will see what I mean.
We have identified some hard to solve memory leaks on BeanUtils caused by very complex circular references on the Reflection metadata which is now fixed.
The use of the jvmti library from jboss-profiler (the same library we use to chase memory leaks on the JBAS testsuite) simplified the process a lot, and even better we have added some testcases preventing regressions, using the same techniques we have applied to solve our own redeployment leakages on JBAS.
You can find more information about what was done here: